Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Oklahoma
Whether you own a fishing, cruising, or sailing boat, you must consider boat insurance to protect yourself and the vessel when enjoying your time in the water. While boat insurance doesn’t prevent risks, it lessens your financial burden when the unthinkable happens.
Want to learn more about boat insurance in Oklahoma? Please contact TLC Insurance Associates of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for more information. But first, here are the basics you should know about boat insurance.
Boat insurance coverage options
Like home or auto insurance, boat insurance isn’t just one comprehensive policy. It’s divided into various policies to help you choose the ones that suit your needs. Here are the standard boat insurance policies you should know about.
- Comprehensive coverage: If you are familiar with car insurance, this policy isn’t that different. It protects your vessel against non-collision perils like theft, falling objects, fire, etc. It pays for your boat’s replacement or repairs up to the coverage limit.
- Collision coverage: This policy is similar to comprehensive coverage, only covering collision-related losses. For instance, this policy will repair or replace your boat if it collides with a stationary object or another boat.
- Liability coverage: Although not as common as car accidents, boat accidents can occur, leaving you with a trail of financial losses, especially when at fault for the accident. Liability coverage cushions you financially when accused of bodily injury and property damage by third parties.
- Medical coverage: During a boat accident, it’s not only your vessel that suffers damage — you and your passengers can suffer injuries. Thankfully, boat insurance covers medical expenses for you and your occupants, regardless of who was at fault for the accident.
- Emergency assistance: Like your vehicle, your boat can break down when you least expect it. You can purchase emergency assistance coverage to save the day when your boat stalls miles away from the shore.
Are you shopping for boat insurance in Oklahoma? Want to learn more about boat insurance? Please consider TLC Insurance Associates in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for all your boat insurance solutions.